Unfortunately, I did not take pictures of the process of me taking down my sisterlocks. The process spanned a couple of weeks, probably more than one month.
To take them down, I just did the opposite of what my consultant told me to do to keep them in :-)
The first thing I did was condition my hair. That lead to a lot of them, especially in the back, coming out on their own. The others I had to pick out one by one. I developed a "routine." At night, I used a push pin to pick some out. In the morning, did a conditioner wash (co/wash) in the shower, gelled my edges and pulled it all back using a headband. Since the ends of my locks were still out, everything pretty much looked "curly."
I've heard of some taking down their locks with the hair being wet or heavily saturated with an oil based product or conditioner. That didn't work well for me. I got better results working on hair that air dried during the day and taking my time to pick them out with the push pin at night.
Initially, I tried using a rattail comb and an unfolded paper clip. They didn't work too well. I hit the jackpot when I started using the push pin. The size of the push pin was perfect and it's pointed edge really helped to get the locks untangled.
To avoid getting frustrated or damaging my hair, I did small sections at a time. I wasn't in a "rush" to get them out because I figured out a way to style my hair "around" the process. I also detangled each section after removing the locks as I went along.
That's pretty much it. It was fairly easy. It just took a long time to do.
Here is a picture of my hair taken in May.